1. Write your own definition of prayer.
Prayer is communication between me and the Father. It is very intimate and delicate. Without it I question if I truly have a relationship with the Father. Without a true one on one relationship there is nothing.
2. Why is prayer such a gift to God’s people?
A gift is something given to someone from the heart. God looks at the heart of man and gifts us with all that we really need and not what we think we want.
3. J.C. Ryle said that praying is the most important thing a Christian can do. He said,
“Prayer is to faith what breath is to life. How a man can live and not breathe is past my
comprehension, and how a man can believe and not pray is past my comprehension too.”
Do you agree? Why or why not.
I must say that I agree. Prayer is essential to the very essence of every Christian’s life. To be called a child of the King we must be connected to him. The only way we can be connected to him is through prayer, spending time in his word, and walking in his ways. Prayer is a time set a side to communion with him and align ourselves up with him.
4. What does prayer teach us about God?
Prayer teaches us just who and what God is. It enables us to see him from a different perspective and learn of his characteristics.
5. We are told to pray for each other. Find another verse that also teaches us to pray for other believers.
James 5:16 KJV “Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual prayer of a righteous man availeth much.”